The code of conduct issued by the Election Commission targeting local level elections has also tightened the use of social media. Some provisions of the Election Code of Conduct 2078 published in the Gazette on Thursday will also have to be followed by social media users. The Commission will fix the date of implementation of the code of conduct issued for the local level election to be held on 2079 BS.
The Commission has mentioned platforms such as SMS, Facebook, Messenger, Viber, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Blog, Google Plus, TickTack, WhatsApp, Emo, WeChat, LinkedIn, Tumblr within the social network. After the date fixed by the commission, it will not be possible to influence, humiliate, insult or make hate speech on social media.
What is in the election code of conduct about social media?
1) False, misleading or hateful information should not be spread on social media.
2) No one should run or cause false site or account on social media for the purpose of influencing the election.
3) Not to make deceptive remarks such as derogatory, insulting, hate speech for the purpose of influencing the election on social media.
4) Not to share or like or comment on the social media by tampering with the information or content published or broadcast for any purpose for the purpose of influencing the election.
5) No character assassination, personal slander, defamation or production of such material in any form and such material should not be published or broadcast through any medium.